Who we are
Our website address is: https://davemorrow.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
CODE OF ETHICS
Dave Morrow PT has established a code of ethics and guidelines in order to protect the public and the profession. Candidates are expected and Certified Professionals are required to agree to and follow the Dave Morrow PT Code of Professional Conduct, stated below.
Professionalism. Each Certified Professional must provide optimal professional service and demonstrate excellent client care in their practice. Each Certified Professional must:
- Abide fully by the Dave Morrow PT Code of Professional Conduct; Conduct themselves in a manner that merits the respect of the public, other colleagues and Dave Morrow PT;
- Treat each colleague and client with the utmost respect and dignity;
- Not engage in any romantic relationships with clients;
- Not make false or derogatory assumptions concerning the practices of colleagues and clients;
- Use appropriate professional communication in all verbal, non-verbal, and written transactions;
- Provide and maintain an environment that ensures client safety that, at a minimum, requires that the Certified Professional must:
- Not diagnose or treat illness or injury unless for basic first aid or if the Certified Professional is legally licensed to do so and is working in that capacity at that time;
- Not train clients with a diagnosed health condition unless the Certified Professional has been specifically trained to do so, is following procedures prescribed and supervised by a valid licensed medical professional, or if the Certified Professional is legally licensed to do so and is working in that capacity at that time;
- Not begin to train a client prior to receiving and reviewing a current health-history questionnaire signed by the client; and
- Hold a current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification from an approved provider at all times
- Refer the client to the appropriate medical practitioner when, at a minimum, the Certified Professional:
- Becomes aware of any change in the client’s health status or medication;
- Becomes aware of an undiagnosed illness, injury, or risk factor; or Suspension or Revocation of Credentials
- Becomes aware of any unusual client pain and/or discomfort during the course of the training session that warrants professional care, in which case the Certified Professional will immediately discontinue the session.
- Refer the client to other healthcare professionals when nutritional and supplemental advice is requested unless the Certified Professional has been specifically trained to do so or holds a credential to do so and is acting in that capacity at the time;
- Maintain a level of personal hygiene appropriate for a health and fitness setting;
- Wear clothing that is clean, modest and professional; and
- Remaining in good standing and maintain current certification status by acquiring all necessary continuing education requirements.
Confidentiality. Each Certified Professional must respect the confidentiality of all client information. In his/her professional role, the Certified Professional must:
- Protect the client’s confidentiality in conversations, advertisement and any other arena unless otherwise agreed upon by the client in writing or, when necessary due to a medical occurrence or when legally required;
- Protect the interest of clients who are minors by law or unable to give voluntary consent by securing the legal permission of the appropriate third party or guardian; and
- Store and dispose of client records in a secure manner. Legal and Ethical. Each Certified Professional must comply with all legal requirements within the applicable jurisdiction. In his/her professional role, the Certified Professional must:
- Obey all local, state, federal, and provincial laws, regulations and professional rules;
- Accept complete responsibility for his/her actions;
- Maintain accurate and truthful records; and
- Respect and uphold all existing copyright, trademark and intellectual property right laws. Dave Morrow PT may revoke or otherwise take action with regard to the certification of an individual who is or has been convicted of, plead guilty to, or plead nolo contendere (no contest) to a felony or misdemeanor or has been found through legal process to have been negligent or responsible for injury or harm in performing in his/her professional capacity or have misrepresented his/her qualifications to provide services, including opinions or advice, to the public.
Business Practice. Each Certified Professional must practice with honesty, integrity, and lawfulness. In his/her professional role, the Certified Professional must:
- Maintain adequate liability insurance;
- Maintain adequate and truthful progress notes for each client;
- Accurately and truthfully inform the public of services rendered and his/her qualification to render such services;
- Honestly and truthfully represent all professional qualifications and affiliations;
- Advertise in a manner that is honest, dignified and representation of services that can be delivered without the use of provocative and/or sexual language and/or pictures;
- Maintain accurate financial, contract, appointment, and tax records including original receipts for a minimum of four years;
- Respect the client’s will to discontinue training with Dave Morrow PT and not charge the client for any services not rendered; and
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and providence laws and employer rules regarding harassment and discrimination, including sexual harassment.